Discuss the idea(s) developed by Elie Wiesel in Night about the role adversity plays in shaping an individual’s identity.
- carefully consider your controlling idea and how you will create a strong unifying effect in your response
- develop your ideas and support them with appropriate, relevant, and meaningful examples from Night.
What is your opinion of the idea that the ability to face hardship is an essential human quality?
- discuss a character from Night, by Elie Wiesel. You may choose to discuss more than one character.
- ensure the details you select support your opinion of the idea that the ability to face hardship is an essential human quality
- reflect upon your own knowledge and/or experience
- present your ideas in an organized discussion so that your ideas are clearly and effectively presented.
Carefully Consider the following in preparation …
- review your class discussions, recorded notes, and posts in the STJ forums.
- review your plan/outline created from the Literature Essay tools at shmoop.com.
©2014 Mr. D. Sader | Pingo Lingo | All Rights Reserved